Where do I even start? You are just so fun to talk to. I know that I can vent to you about anything without judgement. I finally found a baseball pal on here (minimal trash…
Yeah let me be the first to say thanks for that one. My husband still grumbles about that.
I finally have my own money so I want to spend it on YOU.
- must be following me (I do check)
- no giveaway/spam/bot accounts
- Must be comfortable giving me your address (I promise I won’t do anything else with it)
- Reblogs and likes both count
- If you do reblog it, don’t spam your followers
- also remember that it only shows up once in the notes
- You’ll have 3-4 days to respond before I pick another winner
- Open internationally through Book Depository
- Unless you choose the other route which is explained below
Now about the books:
- whatever you want
- please have it under $25 or $30
- I mean, you COULD ask what my favourite books are and see if you’d be interested in them, but I also want this to be open to any reader and not just people that like the same genres as me
- If you’d rather me not buy a book, I can get you a $25 Amazon gift card that you can spend how your heart desires
- I’m so so sorry, but this is only for US only just because I’d have to send it from my house (unless I learn how to send it through email)
If you get a bookmark, post the picture because I love those things
ANYWAY. Good luck! Please respect the rules
So penw0man had a fabulous idea for the book bloggers here on Tumblr to get to know each other a bit better. I am normally not a selfie-posting person - I am a teacher, so have to be careful to follow my district’s social media-posting guidelines - but I couldn’t pass this up. So here are 25 random facts about me, if you’re curious just who this person who posts via this account really is!
25 Random Facts About Merin:
- You’re probably saying my name wrong! It’s pronounced like the mer in “mermaid” or like Marin County, California. Mer-RIN. I’m convinced my parents spelled it wrong!
- I was born, raised and still live in a suburb just north of St. Louis, MO. St. Louis is in my heart and soul and I will never ever leave!
- I am a first grade teacher! It’s my third year of teaching, and my second in first grade. They are rambunctious but adorable and loads of fun. I love seeing their growth from the start of the year to the end!
- I played the violin from third grade until my freshman year of college and was pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. But I burned out pretty badly, and now hardly touch it!
- If the pictures don’t give it away, let me go ahead and do that now. I LOVE baseball! I am a St. Louis Cardinals girl and have mad crushes on Adam Wainwright and Yadier Molina. They are my forever favorites!
- I love music - most nights you can find me curled up in front of the TV watching baseball, reading a book, and listening to my iPod, which is infinitely more interesting than the baseball announcers. I am eclectic when it comes to music, and find it hard to pick favorites, although I am partial to 80s hair metal bands, bubblegum pop, and Top 40 radio.
- I am a fast reader once I get going, but am also a procrastinator so it can take me much longer to finish a book than it should. What can I say? I am easily distracted!
- I’ve been reading since I was 4. The first book I could read all by myself was Go, Dog. Go! by P.D. Eastman.
- I am addicted to crime dramas. I can mainline those Criminal Minds or Law & Order marathons without any trouble at all, much to the irritation of my family!
- I hate driving! My commute to work is only 5 minutes and that’s just the way I like it.
- I cannot function in the morning without some sort of flavored latte. My favorite is Starbucks’ Cinnamon Dolce, both iced or hot, depending on the weather.
- I am a big giant introvert. I can also be very antisocial, although if you give me a reason I will most likely go do something outside of the house.
- I used to be massively into Harry Potter and its fandom, and volunteered at FictionAlley doing moderating on the boards and fic-handling. I still answer Help Desk emails, although my interest in the fandom side of HP has waned significantly.
- I work in the same school district that I attended from Pre-K though my senior year of high school.
- I have a book blog over on Wordpress. It’s HERE if you’re curious!
- I did my undergraduate work at St. Louis University and graduated in 2005 with a BA in Early Childhood and Elementary Education. I also have an MS in Library and Information Science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Aside from baseball, I am a pretty huge sports fanatic in general. I don’t care much about football or hockey, but anything else is fair game. I am a maniac when it comes time for the Olympics!
- I have an addiction to Tieks flats. They’re expensive, but SO comfortable, which is necessary when you’re a teacher and on your feet all day.
- I am one of those people who have massive celebrity crushes that tend to change randomly and without focus. Right now I have a big giant one on Jensen Ackles, which is why you’ll find lots of pictures of him on my Tumblr!
- I love fairy tales and fairy tale retellings! They’re one of my favorite book genres.
- Percy Jackson is my all-time favorite fictional character. Rick Riordan is a god.
- I don’t actually like being outside. I am not a fan of heat or bugs or things that make me itch.
- I am a huge Disney fangirl! Disney World is my favorite place on earth; I just love the atmosphere and the way the parks are laid out and everything about the franchise.
- I am a night owl. Getting up for work in the morning is torture.
- My birthday is June 15th!
I’m sorry but are you in THE dugout!?! Excuse me but I’ll be relocating to STL to be your best friend now.
by Fadhilah H
I’ll Give You the Sun | Jandy Nelson
Where do I even start? You are just so fun to talk to. I know that I can vent to you about anything without judgement. I finally found a baseball pal on here (minimal trash talking EXCEPT FOR TODAY DID YOU SEE THAT GAME) no but for real. you are one of my favourite people that I’ve met on Tumblr period. If I was having a Tumblr wedding, you’d def be a bridesmaid. oh also you’re a cutie patoot. love you xx
What game? I have completely wiped today from my memory.
But I definitely accept your invitation to be your virtual bridesmaid! I love you Ducky!!
I’m gonna watch it again later because ALL THE HOMERS. literally that was the best game ever jasklgjdklg I haven’t stopped smiling I’m sorry.
I actually like Kluber if that makes you feel any better
just an fyi to you both:
I will always stalk your baseball posts. Always.